I’m not responsible for someone publishing my previous statements

19 October 2019 12:10 am - 0     - {{hitsCtrl.values.hits}}

A A A

  • When he was the General Officer  Commanding the 58th Division he had made a statement at an event in  Kalutara about the former Defence Secretary’s service to the military

 

Army Commander Shavendra Silva said yesterday he could not take responsibility for one of his previous statements being used in a newspaper advertisement in connection with the forthcoming presidential election.  

 Referring to the newspaper advertisement about the SLPP presidential candidate, the Army Chief told Daily Mirror that when he was the General Officer Commanding the 58th Division he had made a statement at an event in Kalutara about the former Defence Secretary’s service to the military. However, that particular statement had been used in a newspaper advertisement recently.   


“I cannot take the responsibility for my statement being used in that advertisement,” he said adding that it should be sorted out with the people who published it.   


However, the Army Chief said he had already informed the Ministry of Defence and the Election Commission denying his involvement in this matter. “The Election Commission confirmed it had received my clarification,” he said. 

 

 

The Election Commission confirmed it had received my clarification

 

  Comments - 0


Add comment

Comments will be edited (grammar, spelling and slang) and authorized at the discretion of Daily Mirror online. The website also has the right not to publish selected comments.

Reply To:

Name - Reply Comment


Easter attacks didn’t influence voting: Catholic MPs

Easter Sunday bombs had not been a factor which had determined the results of

It’s now Afghanistan’s turn to trouble Bollywood

Bollywood films are popular worldwide, especially in South Asia. But they ten

Implied or actual threat Ali Sabry’s address to Muslim community

As canvassing heightens, party supporters are doing the rounds convincing pos

SL completes 6th review; set to receive US$ 164mn from IMF

Sri Lanka will receive US$ 164 million from the International Monetary Fund (