More than 200 rushed to hospital following chlorine leak

9 October 2013 05:50 pm - 5     - {{hitsCtrl.values.hits}}

A A A

More than 200 residents of Penderikwatta in Puwakpitiya were rushed to the Avissawella Hospital with respiratory difficulties following a chlorine pipeline burst this evening.

Police Headquarters said that a call was given to the 119 emergency unit informing them of the incident at the Penderikwatta Water Purification House.

When contacted by Daily Mirror, the Avissawella Hospital said that more than 200 people were inside the hospital, while another 300 were waiting outside, at the time of going to press. (Supun Dias and  Chaturanga Pradeep)
See Kapruka's top selling online shopping categories such as Toys, Grocery, Flowers, Birthday Cakes, Fruits, Chocolates, Clothing and Electronics. Also see Kapruka's unique online services such as Money Remittence,News, Courier/Delivery, Food Delivery and over 700 top brands. Also get products from Amazon & Ebay via Kapruka Gloabal Shop into Sri Lanka.

 

  Comments - 5

See Kapruka's top selling online shopping categories such as Toys, Grocery, Flowers, Birthday Cakes, Fruits, Chocolates, Clothing and Electronics. Also see Kapruka's unique online services such as Money Remittence,News, Courier/Delivery, Food Delivery and over 700 top brands. Also get products from Amazon & Ebay via Kapruka Gloabal Shop into Sri Lanka.

 

 
  • Rana Thursday, 10 October 2013 03:50 AM

    Ovva vadak na Anton...... Rathupaswala Dipped Products factory was ISO14000 certfied for environmental safety

    alex Thursday, 10 October 2013 04:30 AM

    it is not merely the standards, it is the implementation and accountability of the management.
    Unless and until the senior management is held accountable this trend will continue.
    This is a regular occurrence in the building construction industry and never in the news.

    John Thursday, 10 October 2013 04:41 AM

    Fully agreed, this should be part and parcel of all developement undertaken by Govt, just as its insisted on by agencies in the mercantile sector.

    Chandralal Jayatille Thursday, 10 October 2013 04:43 AM

    This is the second instance within two months that citizens were affected by chemical leakage from factories. The authorities should take urgent steps to arrest the situation to prevent another Bhopal from happening in our country.

    ANTON Thursday, 10 October 2013 01:52 AM

    OUR FACTORY OWNERS ARE NOT FOLLOWING PROPER SAFETY PRECAUTIONS. GOVERNMENT SHOULD MAKE THE
    SAFETY REGULATIONS AND STANDARDS, LIKE OSHA AND ISO 9001, COMPULSORY FOR ALL THE INDUSTRIES.


Add comment

Comments will be edited (grammar, spelling and slang) and authorized at the discretion of Daily Mirror online. The website also has the right not to publish selected comments.

Reply To:

Name - Reply Comment




Employees’ health and safety our top-most priority - Brandix

When inquired, Brandix Apparel Limited said that health and safety of employe

“Workers who fainted had water sprinkled on their faces and had to work again”

Health authorities believe the first reported Covid-19 infected worker from t

“Social media ruined us” - husband of Minuwangoda Brandix factory worker

The Minuwangoda Brandix factory worker who first tested positive for Covid-19

Last rites far from home

The body of the Sri Lankan migrant worker Bandu who died of coronavirus in Du

See Kapruka's top selling online shopping categories such as Toys, Grocery, Flowers, Birthday Cakes, Fruits, Chocolates, Clothing and Electronics. Also see Kapruka's unique online services such as Money Remittence,News, Courier/Delivery, Food Delivery and over 700 top brands. Also get products from Amazon & Ebay via Kapruka Gloabal Shop into Sri Lanka.