The Government Medical Officers Association (GMOA) today requested the people to consider the past and present environment of the politicians along with the election promises that they make aiming the election.
While addressing the media yesterday, the GMOA Secretary Dr Shenal Fernando said that they had launched their list of ten proposals which should be followed by voters when casting their votes.
He said it is essential to establish a Parliament while considering sustainable development and considering the main key points of the existence of the health sector.
The 10 criterion to select the parliament representatives as follows
1. A person who could stand against detrimental bilateral Agreements / International Treaties. (SOFA, MCC, ACSA, SSFA)
2. A person who recognises and is committed to implement indigenous and traditional food culture.
3. A person who contributes and maintains the minimum standards of medical education and protect free education and free health.
4. A person who is active against alcohol, tobacco and drugs.
5. A person who endorse the national wealth for the well being of the public.
6. A person who can stand against the mafia of multinational Pharmaceutical, Milk powder and Agrochemical companies.
7. A person who is sensitive to matters of public interest, order and respect professional opinions.
8. A person who supports updating of obsolete legislation including health.
9. A person who conducted the election campaign without violation of the COVID-19 regulations.
10. A person who is not in line with any international payroll supporting the anti- establishment campaigns.
"During the previous government, the candidates were elected with hope but they did not fulfill the essential criteria," Dr Fernando said.
Therefore, the public are of the opinion that the 225 parliament representatives were useless, he said. (Chaturanga Samarawickrama)
None from current 225 qualify for these criteria. GMOA in brief you should say, Don't vote for known corrupt, unlawful etc. However we don't want GMOA telling people what to do because your track record is not good.
Dot Thursday, 30 July 2020 07:28 AM
The 10 criteria cited by the GMOA seem to me a concern of what is not happening today in the scheme of things .Hopefully this will be studied with an open mind
Tissa Fernando Thursday, 30 July 2020 10:37 AM
why don't you have another criteria.
A person who will put a stop for Doctor mudalali's and make significant improvements in affordable medical care and promotes indigenous medicine.
A person who is not associated with those who made money by importing sub standard medicine .
A person who promotes organic food production.
Yehiya Thursday, 30 July 2020 10:41 AM
Do the your job perfectly. Bring discipline code
Ramesh Kanth Thursday, 30 July 2020 09:48 PM
Very sorry. All the good and descent ones are no longer living now. They tried the parliament to be a better place for democracy but failed.
Comments will be edited (grammar, spelling and slang) and authorized at the discretion of Daily Mirror online. The website also has the right not to publish selected comments.