Last Updated : 2019-07-16 06:36:00

Samsung says Galaxy S III U.S. launch to go ahead, despite Apple suit

7 June 2012 09:23 am - 0     - {{hitsCtrl.values.hits}}

A A A

Samsung Electronics Co (005930.KS) said on Thursday the latest version of its flagship smartphone Galaxy S will go on sale in the U.S. market as planned, despite a sales injunction request filed by Apple (AAPL.O) to a U.S. court.

"Samsung believes Apple's request is without merit. We will vigorously oppose the request," the South Korean firm said in a statement.

"We would also like to assure consumers that the U.S. launch and sales of the GALAXY S III will proceed as planned."

U.S. sales of the third generation Galaxy S model, which hit store shelves in some 28 countries last week, have been widely expected to start later this month.

(Reporting by Miyoung Kim; Editing by Richard Pullin)

(Source : Reuters)

  Comments - 0


Add comment

Comments will be edited (grammar, spelling and slang) and authorized at the discretion of Daily Mirror online. The website also has the right not to publish selected comments.

Reply To:

Name - Reply Comment


Sri Lanka yet to play to their potential--Rumesh Ratnayake

After England amassed 397 runs against Afghanistan—the highest in the tourn

Dinesh Chandimal- 2018 ODI Captain to 2019 World Cup ‘spectator’

In 2018, Dinesh Chandimal scored 298 runs at 42.52 in One-Day Internationals

Singling out of Rishad Bathiudeen as a political target

The orchestrated political campaign by the Mahinda Rajapaksa-led opposition i

TWISTS AND TURNS in the Dr. Shafi controversy

The sterilization charges against Dr. Seigu Shihabdeen Mohamed Shafi from the

MIRROR CRICKET