The three horizontal lines on the wrist are called the Rascettes or Bracelets.
Bracelets of health, wealth and happiness
Some people have two or four bracelets. The ancient Greeks have called these lines Bracelets of Health, Wealth and Happiness.
Indian palmists call these lines bracelets of Health, Wealth and Honour and Respect. In other words, they differ in describing the third bracelet equating the Greeks’ line of happiness to honour and respect.
Most coveted gifts of Mother nature
Meanwhile, celebrated French palmist Desbarroles has described the third Bracelet as the Line of Fortune while sticking to the general nomenclature in respect of the first two Bracelets.
The renowned palmist Cheiro says that it is seldom that these three bracelets are found together on a hand because Mother Nature does not usually bestow the three most coveted `gifts’, Health, Wealth and Happiness on one single person.
The Greek legend
Delving into an ancient Greek legend, Cheiro says that at a certain period of the Greek civilization every young maid was required to have her hands examined by the priest of the temple before being given in marriage. The purpose of this `ecclesiastical edict’ was to ascertain whether the maid seeking to embark on matrimony had the first bracelet nearest the palm representing Health well formed on the hands. For example, if the first bracelet was found rising up into the palm forming an arc, the Priest would not allow the woman to marry. Because such a malformation of the bracelet was considered as representing a physical deformity of hers preventing her from producing a child.
Cheiro agrees with this ancient Greek interpretation of the malformed first bracelet adding that this rule is applicable to both male and female.
If a line starting from the wrist goes up, the owner would have his wishes fulfilled, says celebrated Indian Palmist Dr. Narayan Dutt Shrimali. Palmists both from the West and the Orient say that a clear and distinct bracelet closest to the palm adds strength to a distinct Life line.
Longevity – four bracelets indicate 100 years
However, some Indian Palmists directly link a person’s longevity to bracelets. They say that if there are four bracelets on the hand, the subject would live up to 100 years. This interpretation is based on the reckoning that one bracelet represents 25 years of age. However, renowned palmist Psychos says that he has met subjects aged over 80, with only two bracelets.
Some of the characteristics of bracelets and their significations are as follows:
(1) The first bracelet chained: A life of much hard work and care, but final success with efforts coming to fruition.
(2) Three clear bracelets with a poorly marked line of Life: A beneficiary of a great fortune, but health is too poor to enjoy his fortune.
(3) The first bracelet high on the wrist and convex in shape: Defective reproductive system and difficulties in child bearing.
(4) A line proceeding from the Rascettes to the Mount of Jupiter: A long and successful journey.
(5) A line proceeding straight to the Mount of Mercury: Indication of sudden wealth.
(6) Lines running from the bracelets to the Mount of Moon: Every line indicates a journey. Longer the travel lines, longer the journeys.
Add commentComments will be edited (grammar, spelling and slang) and authorized at the discretion of Daily Mirror online. The website also has the right not to publish selected comments.