Most people in our country believe in Astrology. They make it a point to observe Astrological guidelines in fixing times for all important events in life and also when taking decisions on very vital matters like marriage.
In countries in the Orient like Sri Lanka and India, marriage is considered as something sacrosanct – an inviolable sacred bond. People attach so much importance to marriage; they look on one’s success in marriage as one’s very success in life.
Therefore, even young couples in love, when it comes to the question of marriage, would want to find out whether their horoscopes are matching. They would want an astrologer to match the `Porondamas’ (Astrological determinants of conjugal compatibility) to ascertain whether their marriage would be a success. Matching of `Porondamas’ which people refer to as `Porondam Gelapeema’ in Sinhala’ is a widespread practice prevalent in our society. However, there are certain astrological factors that enable a quick and accurate appraisal of the compatibility of horoscopes of a couple seeking matrimony.
Following are some of the astrological factors that serve as determinants of conjugal compatibility.
- Natives of Taurus, Scorpio and Aquarius would make ideal partners of Aries, Cancer, Libra, and Capricorn natives.
- Gemini, Libra and Aquarius natives would be compatible partners for natives of fiery signs of Aries, Leo and Sagittarius.
- Natives of watery signs of Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces would make good partners for natives of the earthy signs of Taurus, Virgo and Capricorn.
- Those born into fiery signs of Aries, Leo and Sagittarius are not compatible with those born into Watery signs of Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces.
- The couple seeking matrimony would be an ideal match if they have been born into the same Lagna or if one person’s 5th sign happens to be the other’s 9th or the 3rd sign is the other person’s 11th sign.
- If the sign which Sun occupies in one horoscope is the sign where Moon occupies in the horoscope of the other, their marriage would be a great success.
- If the sign in which Mars is posited in one horoscope is the same where Venus occupies in the other horoscope, their marriage would be a lasting strong bond.
- Venus occupying a sign owned by Mars in one horoscope while Mars occupying a sign owned by Venus in the other horoscope is a favourable position signifying a successful marriage. In fact, two young people, a boy and a girl with such a planetary position in their horoscopes would fall in love at first sight, say astrologers.
- Closer the Sun and Moon to Jupiter or Venus, the better position is. It is favourable if they are posited in trines to each other. If the Sun in one horoscope is posited in conjunction with Mars in the same sign as in the other’s horoscope their union would be a success.
- The most important thing to ascertain in matching two horoscopes is whether the couple seeking matrimony would remain devoted and faithful to each other until death puts them asunder. The other important factor that should be determined is whether the couple is mentally and physically fit to enjoy conjugal happiness. Another important factor to be ascertained is whether marriage would result in the birth of fortunate children.