Five hospitalised due to ammonia gas exposure

14 September 2018 10:14 am - 1     - {{hitsCtrl.values.hits}}

A A A

At least five people were admitted to the Horana Base Hospital after being exposed to Ammonia gas at a rubber factory in Wagawatte, Horana this morning, Police said.

They said an ammonia gas cylinder has exploded while a group of workers were unloading some cylinders from a lorry.

Two of those hospitalized were in critical condition, Hospital sources said. (Buddhika Kumarasiri)

 

  Comments - 1

  • DPerera Friday, 14 September 2018 05:22 PM

    It is high time for GoSL to start a safety authority to monitor industrial safety and health matters.


Add comment

Comments will be edited (grammar, spelling and slang) and authorized at the discretion of Daily Mirror online. The website also has the right not to publish selected comments.

Reply To:

Name - Reply Comment


Mass sterilization narrative taking ironic turns

Contradictory developments, difficulties in proving charges, glaring conflict

Global waste trade Is Sri Lanka the newest waste dumping ground

When it comes to handling waste, Sri Lanka stands at a primitive level. Or so

Coping with yet Another Dengue Outbreak !

After a particularly hot and humid May this year, many Sri Lankans would have

MIRROR CRICKET