Hilton awarded 12 Team Members with the company's most prestigious recognition: the 2017 CEO Light & Warmth Award. The annual accolade celebrates Team Members from across levels and geographies who consistently over-deliver on the job and model the company's values of Hospitality, Integrity, Leadership, Teamwork, Ownership and Now.
This year's recipients range from chefs and bartenders to managers and laundry attendants, and have gone beyond their job duties to provide for fellow colleagues, guests and their communities. That includes supporting colleagues and their families during the natural disasters from the hurricanes in Texas and Puerto Rico to the wildfires in California.
"Over the last nearly 100 years, Hilton has spread the light and warmth of hospitality to countless guests around the world thanks to our incredible Team Members," said Christopher J. Nassetta, president and CEO, Hilton. "We know that our people are our greatest asset, and that's why we believe it is important to celebrate their contributions. Our 2017 CEO Light & Warmth Award recipients are truly inspiring, purposeful individuals, and it is an honor to recognize them for their tremendous positive impact."
This year, nearly 1,000 Team Members from across Hilton's managed and franchise network submitted CEO Light & Warmth Award nominations, and Nassetta and a committee of representatives from across the company selected the 12 recipients:
• Siba Ayoub, Executive Secretary and Assistant Learning & Development Manager - DoubleTree by Hilton Aqaba
• Amila Botheju, Sous Chef - Hilton Colombo (in the picture)
• Alex Bury, Laundry Attendant - Hilton Salt Lake City Center
• Pam Calhoun, Breakfast Attendant - Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa North
• Jasbeer Dawar, Executive Chef - Hilton London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5
• Lucas Haiputa, Recreational Attendant - Hilton Windhoek
• Kay Jackson, Maintenance Manager - Hilton Northampton
• Jessica Kerns, Banquet Server/Bartender, DoubleTree by Hilton Sonoma Wine Country
• Lissette Landestoy, Regional Purchasing Manager - Hilton Supply Management
• Luz Pallens, Cafetería Cook - Embassy Suites by Hilton Dorado del Mar Beach Resort
• Ryan Preston, General Manager - Hampton Inn & Suites Riverton
• Adrienne Putelli, Human Resources Manager - Hilton Brisbane
Each recipient will receive a $10,000 bonus, among other prizes. Hilton has awarded more than $690,000 since the recognition was established in 2009.
The CEO Light & Warmth Award is one of many ways Hilton recognizes and supports its 380,000 Team Members around the globe to ensure they thrive in Body, Mind and Spirit. The company expanded its "people framework" in July with the launch of Thrive@Hilton, which aims to drive more mindful leadership and transform the way Team Members think about work. Thrive@Hilton's focus on continuous improvement has inspired many new workplace innovations, including new creative ways for Team Members to regularly and authentically thank each other for their performance and loyalty. New initiatives in 2017 included the creation of a simple recognition app, the opening of a virtual "store" through which leaders "purchase" physical recognitions with points and the establishment of the Innovation Award, which celebrates Team Members' new solutions.