For not vacating their official residences despite reminders
By Kelum Bandara
The Public Administration Ministry will file lawsuits against 20 minsters and two officials of the previous government for not vacating their official residences assigned to them during office, an official said yesterday .
These former ministers and two officials had been given time till March 2 , 2020 to vacate the government houses they were occupying in their official capacity .
The new government was formed in November last year.
Asked for a comment, Ministry Secretary Sunil Hettiarachchi said his office was about to seek a court order in March after the deadline given to them elapsed but could not proceed because of curfew restrictions standing in the way of court work.
He said legal action would be instituted against these former ministers and two officials once curfew restrictions were relaxed after May 11.