Human Hand – Trailblazer of Human Civilization – Part 29
The normal line of Mercury starts from above the Rascette and proceeds towards the Mount of Mercury without cutting the Life line.
This line is also known by several other names as well. It is called the Line of Liver, Line of Health and the Line of Hepatica. However, it is mostly called the Line of Health.
Health is the greatest wealth one can possess, they say. Because, one may possess fame, honour, wealth and comforts in life but if one is not in good health one’s fame and prosperity would serve no purpose.
The presence of clear and deep-cut Line of Health is rarely seen in a hand especially when the subject is past his youth. This line is absent in most hands. It is not a defect. Palmists agree that the persons without the Health line in the hand are vivacious and free from any liver trouble, and they find the life is indeed worth living.
The Health Line can originate from any point in the hand but to deserve the name it should terminate at the Mount of Mercury.
This line starts mainly from the following places:
1. Mount of Venus
2. near the Life line
3. Mount of Moon or Luna
5. Fate line
6. Mount of Mars
If the Health line starts from above the Rascette and proceeds up to the Mount of Mercury without touching the Life line, the subject would enjoy longevity and good health (especially of the digestive system) and success in business.
If the line takes its course alongside the percussion, it would be taken for the line of Intuition. However, the real line of Intuition rises from the Mount of Moon and proceeds to the Upper Mars in sort of a semi-circle. Students of Palmistry when making predictions should be guided by the following rules:
1. If the line begins with a reddish tinge, the subject would suffer from a heart disease in his life.
2. If the line is yellow in colour, the subject would suffer from diseases of the genitals
3. If the line originates from the Mount of Moon and proceeds towards the Mount of Mercury along the percussion, the subject would go overseas several times in his life.
4. If this line is distinct and the Head line is strong, the subject has a sharp memory.
5. If a person has a long and distinct Health line and a short Life line, the former would make up for the insufficiency of the latter
6. If there is a sign of a rectangle at the end of the Health line, the subject suffers from Asthma.
7. If the Moon line meets the Health line, the subject is a successful poet and travels abroad several times.
8. If a wavy Head line touches the Fate line, the subject remains physically weak
9. If there is a cross at the end of the Head line and the Health line, the subject’s life is a great success.
10. A cross near the Health line indicates that the subject would meet with several accidents.
11. A cross on the Health line says that the subject is of unsound mind.
12. If a double Health line touches the Mount of Sun, the subject would get high political office.
13. If the Health line rises from the Heart line like a branch off it and runs down to touch the Life line, the subject suffers from a weakness or a disease of the heart.
14. A chained line indicates a diseased liver and stomach.
15. A star on this line at the point it crosses the Head line in a woman’s hand indicates a serious gynecological problem or difficulties to be experienced at childbirth.