six killed, dozens injured as gunmen open fire in Quebec mosque

31 January 2017 10:17 am - 0     - {{hitsCtrl.values.hits}}

A A A

 

At least six people were killed and several more injured on Sunday evening when gunmen opened fire on them as they prayed in a mosque in Quebec City in an attack decried as ‘cowardly’ and ‘barbaric’.   
Earlier, a witness said that up to three gunmen fired on about 40 worshipers inside the Quebec City Islamic Cultural Center around 8pm. Most of the people inside the building were men.   


Quebec City Police have confirmed that two people have been arrested in connection with the attack but the investigation is ongoing. The deadly shooting unfolded following a weekend which has seen President Donald Trump’s divisive and controversial ‘Muslim immigration ban’ spark widespread protests across America.   It sparked Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to remark that his country remains open to all immigration.   A report filed by CNN said, last year the cultural centre received a wrapped pig head and a magazine with a pig on its cover, saying “Bonne Appetit”.  The report added at least five people were injured in the incident and were at the University Hospital of Quebec.  


 (Daily Mail, US), 30.01.2017 -30 January 2017 - 

  Comments - 0


Add comment

Comments will be edited (grammar, spelling and slang) and authorized at the discretion of Daily Mirror online. The website also has the right not to publish selected comments.

Reply To:

Name - Reply Comment




Murder most foul

Sixty-one years ago on September 25, 1959 Solomon West Ridgeway Dias Bandaran

What went wrong in Kandy?

Tragedy struck when a five-storey building caved in and collapsed, killing a

The 20th Amendment Bill Lest We Forget

Strident calls were repeatedly made from many quarters for the 19th Amendment

Public transport 'side-laned'?

“Miss, mantheeru neethiya nisa api bus passen yanna one. Ithin drop eka par