University of Colombo School of Computing (UCSC) announced that this year’s International Conference on Advances in ICT for Emerging Regions (ICTer2016) will be held in Negombo from 1st to 3rd September.
ICTer 2016 is technically co-sponsored by IEEE Sri Lanka Section and is the successor to the seminal International Information Technology Conference (IITC) held in Sri Lanka since 1998. It provides an ideal platform for researchers and practitioners alike to showcase research and innovation carried out in the computing domain.
Proceedings of ICTer 2016 will be published in both book and electronic form. The proceedings would also be submitted to IEEE Xplore indexing service for wider exposure to a global audience. Selected papers will be invited for publication in the special issue of sister journal ICTer (www.icter.org/journal).
The main conference will take place on 1st and 2nd of Septemberat Jetwing Blue, Negombo.
The conference will feature 42 full papers, 5 posters and 3 Industrial track extended abstracts that were selected from among the 118 submission which were double-blind reviewed. Four keynote addresses would be delivered by leading personalities in computing which include:
- Professor Falko Dressler: (ACM Distinguished Speaker) Dept. of Computer Science, University of Paderborn, Germany,
- Professor Alex Aiken: the current Tencent Chair of the Department of Computer Science, Stanford University, US,
- Professor Jennifer Widom: School of Engineering Stanford University, US.
- Professor Laurie Buys: Creative Industries Faculty, School of Design, Queensland University of Technology, Australia.
- The main conference will be followed by several post-conference workshops which are focused on contemporary IT domains and topics such as ‘Innovative ways to represent and process language’, ‘Cyber-Attacks: Detection and Recovery’, ‘Towards the Vehicular Cloud: From Connected Cars to Smart Cities’, and ‘Overview of Big Data - Promises and Pitfalls, Tools and Techniques’. These workshop will be held on 3rd September at University of Colombo School of Computing.
- ICTer2016 conference will discuss important problems and potential solutions in all areas of computing including but not limited to;
- Language processing for translation, recognition, summarisation
- Cyber physical systems
- Big data analytics
- Image processing, visualization, modelling and simulation
- Autonomic computing
- Cloud computing, virtualization and middleware
- Cognitive reasoning
- Smart cities and environments
- Software reliability and large-scale distribution
- Parallelisation, HPC and GPU computing
- E-Science in social science, health, climate and education
- Context aware computing
- Cyber security and application security
- Internet of Things, Mobile and sensor networks
- Swarm intelligence, evolutionary computing and neural networks
- ICT for Development
ICTer2016 sponsors include MillenniumIT, CodeGen, Cambio, National Science Foundation, IFS and 99x. UCSC endeavors to promote a research oriented teaching culture in academics and innovation in the IT industry and this conference acts as a cornerstone of that objective. We believe all academics, researchers and IT professionals will attend the conference and make full use of the opportunity to extend these horizons.