LVL Energy Fund announces plans for Rs.1.2bn IPO

6 September 2017 10:09 am - 0     - {{hitsCtrl.values.hits}}

A A A

LVL Energy Fund Limited (LEF), a subsidiary of Lanka Ventures PLC, has applied for a Rs. 1.2 billion initial public offering (IPO) at the Colombo Stock Exchange to expand its investments and settle existing debt.


“We have made an application to Colombo Stock Exchange to list LEF by way of an IPO, which is being favourably considered,” Lanka Ventures PLC Chairman Johnathan Alles said in the firm’s annual report.


Lanka Ventures is a joint venture between Hatton National Bank PLC (HNB) and DFCC Bank PLC.
Through the IPO, LEF will issue 120 million shares at Rs. 10.00 per share to raise Rs. 1.2 billion, according to Alles.


“Out of the total IPO proceeds around 60 percent will be utilized for investment purposes and the remaining 40 percent would be used for settling debt. Consequent to the IPO a deemed disposal profit of around Rs. 300 million will be recognised in Group retained earnings,” Alles added.


LEF last year issued shares valued at Rs.8 per share which led to Lanka Ventures increasing its ownership marginally.


Lanka Ventures owns 71.79 percent of shares in LEF with an investment of Rs. 755.09 million. LEF invests in equity and equity related financial instruments of new and existing companies in Sri Lanka which undertake projects with potential for high growth.


Lanka Ventures has invested Rs.727 million in hydro power projects with a total capacity of 20.5 Megawatts (MW), Rs. 667 million in two wind power plants with a total capacity of 15 MW, and Rs. 1.04 billion in two thermal power projects in Bangladesh with a total capacity of 104.4 MW.


Some of these investments are through LEF, which enjoys a subsidized tax rate of 12 percent. It has Rs.527.41 million in bank borrowings from HNB and DFCC.

See Kapruka's top selling online shopping categories such as Toys, Grocery, Flowers, Birthday Cakes, Fruits, Chocolates, Clothing and Electronics. Also see Kapruka's unique online services such as Money Remittence,News, Courier/Delivery, Food Delivery and over 700 top brands. Also get products from Amazon & Ebay via Kapruka Gloabal Shop into Sri Lanka.

 

  Comments - 0

See Kapruka's top selling online shopping categories such as Toys, Grocery, Flowers, Birthday Cakes, Fruits, Chocolates, Clothing and Electronics. Also see Kapruka's unique online services such as Money Remittence,News, Courier/Delivery, Food Delivery and over 700 top brands. Also get products from Amazon & Ebay via Kapruka Gloabal Shop into Sri Lanka.

 

 

Add comment

Comments will be edited (grammar, spelling and slang) and authorized at the discretion of Daily Mirror online. The website also has the right not to publish selected comments.

Reply To:

Name - Reply Comment




Employees’ health and safety our top-most priority - Brandix

When inquired, Brandix Apparel Limited said that health and safety of employe

“Workers who fainted had water sprinkled on their faces and had to work again”

Health authorities believe the first reported Covid-19 infected worker from t

“Social media ruined us” - husband of Minuwangoda Brandix factory worker

The Minuwangoda Brandix factory worker who first tested positive for Covid-19

Last rites far from home

The body of the Sri Lankan migrant worker Bandu who died of coronavirus in Du

See Kapruka's top selling online shopping categories such as Toys, Grocery, Flowers, Birthday Cakes, Fruits, Chocolates, Clothing and Electronics. Also see Kapruka's unique online services such as Money Remittence,News, Courier/Delivery, Food Delivery and over 700 top brands. Also get products from Amazon & Ebay via Kapruka Gloabal Shop into Sri Lanka.