Student dead after 'Kotta Pora'

2 May 2012 03:30 am - 7     - {{hitsCtrl.values.hits}}

A A A

An 18 year old student died on admission to the General Hospital last evening. The student was found unconscious after participating in an 'Awurudu Uthsawaya' where he had been a player at the traditional 'Kotta Pora' game. The game is a local version of pillow fighting.

The Post mortem is to be conducted today. (Dailymirror Online)

See Kapruka's top selling online shopping categories such as Toys, Grocery, Flowers, Birthday Cakes, Fruits, Chocolates, Clothing and Electronics. Also see Kapruka's unique online services such as Money Remittence,News, Courier/Delivery, Food Delivery and over 700 top brands. Also get products from Amazon & Ebay via Kapruka Gloabal Shop into Sri Lanka.

 

  Comments - 7

See Kapruka's top selling online shopping categories such as Toys, Grocery, Flowers, Birthday Cakes, Fruits, Chocolates, Clothing and Electronics. Also see Kapruka's unique online services such as Money Remittence,News, Courier/Delivery, Food Delivery and over 700 top brands. Also get products from Amazon & Ebay via Kapruka Gloabal Shop into Sri Lanka.

 

 
  • Anuruddha Wednesday, 02 May 2012 08:38 AM

    Kotta Pora is a deadly game.

    If you fall from the bench when fighting, your head hits the ground. This game should be banned.

    Thushara Dayawansa Wednesday, 02 May 2012 05:03 AM

    RIP...!!!

    Mushtaq Wednesday, 02 May 2012 12:17 PM

    Death can come in any form ! FATE nobody can say..
    R.I.P

    Nithya Ranasinghe Wednesday, 02 May 2012 12:44 PM

    Deepest sympathies to family. May he attain the bliss of Nibanna!!!

    malkanthi Wednesday, 02 May 2012 05:45 AM

    Unbelievable this must be the first ever. Kotta Pora is not a deadly game.

    Marikkar Wednesday, 02 May 2012 07:25 AM

    death can occur at any form. No explanation can be given. Our sympathies to brieved family.

    Mervyhn Szilvah Wednesday, 02 May 2012 08:14 AM

    Kotta pora in itself is not dangerous.

    It becomes deadly when the participants sit a few meters above ground. Probably the poor student hit his head when he fell down.


Add comment

Comments will be edited (grammar, spelling and slang) and authorized at the discretion of Daily Mirror online. The website also has the right not to publish selected comments.

Reply To:

Name - Reply Comment




Employees’ health and safety our top-most priority - Brandix

When inquired, Brandix Apparel Limited said that health and safety of employe

“Workers who fainted had water sprinkled on their faces and had to work again”

Health authorities believe the first reported Covid-19 infected worker from t

“Social media ruined us” - husband of Minuwangoda Brandix factory worker

The Minuwangoda Brandix factory worker who first tested positive for Covid-19

Last rites far from home

The body of the Sri Lankan migrant worker Bandu who died of coronavirus in Du

See Kapruka's top selling online shopping categories such as Toys, Grocery, Flowers, Birthday Cakes, Fruits, Chocolates, Clothing and Electronics. Also see Kapruka's unique online services such as Money Remittence,News, Courier/Delivery, Food Delivery and over 700 top brands. Also get products from Amazon & Ebay via Kapruka Gloabal Shop into Sri Lanka.