Over 150 persons were treated for food poisoning at the Negombo hospital earlier today, Dr. Sanath Galgamuwa, Medical Superintendent of the hospital told Daily Mirror online.
He added that 35 persons were admitted to the medical ward of the hospital while 120 persons received treatment at the OPD. The reason for the food poisoning is suspected to be food served at a garment factory for an event held yesterday night. (Gandhya Senanayake)
Comments - 7
Royalist Tuesday, 04 January 2011 09:20 AM
Must have eaten the Indian Egg Sandwiches...
malkanthi Tuesday, 04 January 2011 09:20 AM
Common scenario in garment factories without any measures taken.
Amarapala Tuesday, 04 January 2011 09:31 AM
after eating imported eggs or chicken????
Headless_chicken Tuesday, 04 January 2011 10:14 AM
Is this the new year gift from 'Johnny & Co' ? 'Salmonella' ? 'Arogya Parama Laabha'
Kotte KusumKotte Tuesday, 04 January 2011 10:40 AM
I did mentioned about the Kerala Coconut.Hope these did not have that coconut.
Lakmikanth Tuesday, 04 January 2011 08:56 PM
The rulers and the citizens too, must understand the fact that ,though the prices are high on our own things; are much hygienic than the things imported,sending our hard earned money away from the country.
meranvhi Tuesday, 04 January 2011 02:19 PM
Preparation made by with out any hygienic standard led to food poisoning
Comments will be edited (grammar, spelling and slang) and authorized at the discretion of Daily Mirror online. The website also has the right not to publish selected comments.