Narrow escape for man after Iron rod pierces head

19 January 2016 11:45 am - 7     - {{hitsCtrl.values.hits}}

A A A

A 47 year-old resident of Ulapane, who was seriously injured after an iron rod pierced his head was admitted to the Gampola Hospital today.

D. Anamalai, an employee of Thembiligala Estate was on his way home along a row of unprotected row of steps is said to have lost his foothold and fallen on the concrete slab of a building under construction some 20 feet below when the iron rod pierced his head.

Villagers who rushed to the scene on hearing the injured man's cries cut the iron rod and rushed him to hospital where he underwent urgent surgery. Surgeon Kanishaka Kamal said the condition of the man would have turned critical if the iron rod had been forcibly removed. (Suranga Rajanayake)













Pix by Suranga Rajanayake
 
See Kapruka's top selling online shopping categories such as Toys, Grocery, Flowers, Birthday Cakes, Fruits, Chocolates, Clothing and Electronics. Also see Kapruka's unique online services such as Money Remittence,News, Courier/Delivery, Food Delivery and over 700 top brands. Also get products from Amazon & Ebay via Kapruka Gloabal Shop into Sri Lanka.

 

  Comments - 7

See Kapruka's top selling online shopping categories such as Toys, Grocery, Flowers, Birthday Cakes, Fruits, Chocolates, Clothing and Electronics. Also see Kapruka's unique online services such as Money Remittence,News, Courier/Delivery, Food Delivery and over 700 top brands. Also get products from Amazon & Ebay via Kapruka Gloabal Shop into Sri Lanka.

 

 
  • prem Wednesday, 20 January 2016 09:00 PM

    Oh God. Please give this poor soul good health and long life.

    SL-Wallah Wednesday, 20 January 2016 12:07 AM

    This is a typical tragedy that could have been averted if appropriate building codes were been in place. As a matter of fact, such exposed concrete iron rods are not allowed in developed world. Simple plastic capping with a brim of about 4 inches in diameter are mandatory to be placed on each and every exposed such concrete rod that would have prevented this sort of accidental occurrences. Plastic caps should be available to fit different rod sizes.

    Asoka Wednesday, 20 January 2016 12:10 AM

    The iron rod went through his cheek. Lucky guy one inch to the left and it would have gone through the brain.

    Naveen Wednesday, 20 January 2016 11:01 AM

    How in the world is this a failure in health. Doctors saved him.

    Warra Wednesday, 20 January 2016 01:45 AM

    Failure in health

    Desmond Jeromme Wednesday, 20 January 2016 11:14 AM

    Oh God, place your nail pierced hands upon this poor man and heal him completely. Amen.

    Bubble Banda Wednesday, 20 January 2016 11:19 AM

    Please try to save this innocent man, doctors


Add comment

Comments will be edited (grammar, spelling and slang) and authorized at the discretion of Daily Mirror online. The website also has the right not to publish selected comments.

Reply To:

Name - Reply Comment




“Workers who fainted had water sprinkled on their faces and had to work again”

Health authorities believe the first reported Covid-19 infected worker from t

“Social media ruined us” - husband of Minuwangoda Brandix factory worker

The Minuwangoda Brandix factory worker who first tested positive for Covid-19

Last rites far from home

The body of the Sri Lankan migrant worker Bandu who died of coronavirus in Du

Doctors blame newborn for gash on her face

A baby born on September 21 at the Wathupitiwala Base Hospital in Gampaha has

See Kapruka's top selling online shopping categories such as Toys, Grocery, Flowers, Birthday Cakes, Fruits, Chocolates, Clothing and Electronics. Also see Kapruka's unique online services such as Money Remittence,News, Courier/Delivery, Food Delivery and over 700 top brands. Also get products from Amazon & Ebay via Kapruka Gloabal Shop into Sri Lanka.