Fifty six student Cadets and twenty five staff of the National Cadet Training headquarters in Randenigala had been hospitalised due to food poisoning this afternoon.
They had consumed food from the canteen of the Headquarters last night which had resulted in the poisoning, sources said.
Out of the affected 11 were still receiving treatment at the Mahiyangana Base Hospital, while the rest had been treated at the OPD and were discharged, sources said. (Picture and story by Palitha Ariyawansha)
Comments - 4
nalaka Wednesday, 27 November 2013 01:15 PM
dream on dude, how can you call maviru for a bunch of loosers who were running around with white flags
ravi Thursday, 28 November 2013 02:30 AM
it's an game of art don’t do misjudgment wait till march 2014.
G.M. Jayawardena Wednesday, 27 November 2013 02:46 PM
Food poisoning is sometime life threatening. It is high time the authorities need to conduct close checks on the restaurants who served large members of the society.
ram Wednesday, 27 November 2013 11:45 AM
sprit of our maviru day message.
Comments will be edited (grammar, spelling and slang) and authorized at the discretion of Daily Mirror online. The website also has the right not to publish selected comments.