Susanthika airlifted to Colombo

29 December 2016 04:46 pm - 6     - {{hitsCtrl.values.hits}}


Olympic Silver Medalist Susanthika Jayasinghe who was admitted to the Diyatalawa Hospital on Tuesday after she suddenly fell ill, was airlifted to the National Hospital in Colombo today.

She was admitted to the Diyatalawa Hospital with an attack of dengue and was later transferred to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the Hospital.

Diyatalawa Base Hospital Director Dr. Ranjith Amarakoon said Susanthika was airlifted to Colombo in a Sri Lanka Air Force commercial flight, after the Sports Ministry offered to pay the air fare.

Meanwhile, National Hospital Coordinator Pushpa Ramyani de Soysa said Mrs. Jayasinghe was recovering from fever.(Darshana Sanjeewa)

  Comments - 6

  • Roma Friday, 30 December 2016 06:01 AM

    Get well Susi. You left a huge vacuum in Sri Lankan Athletics when you retired.

    Jude Friday, 30 December 2016 09:07 AM

    May God bless the national treasure, Susanthika!!!!

    SL in KSA Friday, 30 December 2016 11:35 AM

    Get well soon Susanthika.

    SAMANA Thursday, 29 December 2016 05:42 PM

    Dear Mr. Jayasekara.Appreciate your actions.You are doing a great job.Thunuruwan Saranai!

    ANTON Thursday, 29 December 2016 06:49 PM


    Badur Thursday, 29 December 2016 08:03 PM

    Since she was on an official assignment at the time she fell ill the decision of the sports ministry to bear the cost of air lifting is fair enough. via DM Android App

Add comment

Comments will be edited (grammar, spelling and slang) and authorized at the discretion of Daily Mirror online. The website also has the right not to publish selected comments.

Reply To:

Name - Reply Comment

Kidneys that whisper death

A flute version of Beethoven’s ‘Für Elise’ was echoing from a distance

Burning Panamanian tanker leaves SL authorities gutted

Weeks after MV Wakashio, a Japanese-owned bulk carrier, ran aground a coral r

New Diamond on Fire

The fire has been contained, now where will the oil go?


To have received her son’s death certificate on the day she brought him to