The Joint Opposition today challenged the police and the government to release the video footage of the seized-and-then-released drone camera belonging to a TV station so that the people could witness who cast the first stone at whom during the Saturday’s protest in Hambantota.
JO National Organiser MP Dullas Alahapperuma said the memory chip of the drone camera had been corroded by the police to destroy evidence.
“I request people not to believe us simply because we say it was the thugs, who were under police protection, threw stones at us first or not to believe the government which says it was us who threw the first stone. I invite them to see what was recorded from the drone camera. In order to do that, the police should release the footage,” the MP told a news conference.
He accused the police of claiming that the monks who were present at the event were simply robe-bearers and the protesters had attempted to launch an attack on government leaders present at the inauguration of the Southern Industrial Zone.
“All these accusations come after destroying evidence. If can, the police should show the footage of the drone camera to the country without misleading the people,” he said. (Lahiru Pothmulla)
Video by Janaka
Comments - 4
Park Thursday, 12 January 2017 05:10 PM
Dulles and JO members do not understand or do not want to accept that a Drone can be used as a deadly weapon. What Government did was correct.
Das Thursday, 12 January 2017 05:37 PM
The government dares not release the drone footage as it will show what really happened.Hundreds of citizens have already been deprived of their lands and hence had protested.
TONY Thursday, 12 January 2017 09:08 AM
THE PROBLEM WITH SRI LANKA,. IS THAT WE HAVE TOO MANY RULERS
seqi Friday, 13 January 2017 12:54 PM
too many drones in parliament... via DM Android App
Comments will be edited (grammar, spelling and slang) and authorized at the discretion of Daily Mirror online. The website also has the right not to publish selected comments.