The Department of Examination today announced that the results of the 2017 GCE O/L examination will be released on Wednesday, March 28 and also that it decided to cancel the results of 969 applicants who sat for the examination.
The results would be uploaded to the Examination Department’s website http://www.doenets.lk on Wednesday night while the results of outstation schools would be posted on Thursday (29), the Department said.
Acting Commissioner General of Examinations, B. Sanath Pujitha said the Department had decided to cancel the results of 969 applicants who sat for the examination due to reports on several irregularities such as using high tech equipment and violating examination rules and regulations.
He said a total of 2,804 complaints were received out of which 2,798 complaints were regarding incidents related to applicants.
Following initial investigations, 1,829 applicants had been released. However, the results of the 969 applicants had been cancelled, the Commissioner said.
Meanwhile, Education Minister Akila Viraj Kariyawasam also instructed the Examinations Commissioner and the Police to take legal action against the persons who violated the rules and regulations of the examinations in order to comply with the rules and regulations of the exams.
Minister Kariyawassam also instructed the Examination Commissioner to issue the results of the three main cut-off examinations every year on the scheduled fixed dates as follows; G.C.E. A/L on December 28, G.C.E. O/L on March 28 and Grade Five Scholarship exam on October 5. (Chaturanga Samarawickrama)