No Lankan casualties in Manchester Arena blast: FM

23 May 2017 10:30 am - 1     - {{hitsCtrl.values.hits}}

A A A

There have been no reports yet of any Sri Lankan being affected by the explosion at the Manchester Arena, UK last night, Foreign Affairs Ministry said.

While condemning the suspected suicide blast at the musical concert, where at least 19 people were killed and almost 60 injured, ministry Spokesperson Mahishini Colonne said that no reports have been received of any Sri Lankan being affected so far.

“Saddened by the attack in #Manchester. #SriLanka condemns this heinous act. Our thoughts n prayers are wt all those affected. The Ministry in touch with SL High Comm in London. No reports yet of #lka nationals affected by the #manchesterexplosion #ManchesterBombing,” she tweeted.

  Comments - 1

  • Selvyn Tuesday, 23 May 2017 05:05 PM

    Countries manufacturing weapons must be condemned and sought compensation for the victims. via DM Android App


Add comment

Comments will be edited (grammar, spelling and slang) and authorized at the discretion of Daily Mirror online. The website also has the right not to publish selected comments.

Reply To:

Name - Reply Comment




Kidneys that whisper death

A flute version of Beethoven’s ‘Für Elise’ was echoing from a distance

Burning Panamanian tanker leaves SL authorities gutted

Weeks after MV Wakashio, a Japanese-owned bulk carrier, ran aground a coral r

New Diamond on Fire

The fire has been contained, now where will the oil go?

ILLEGAL AUSTRALIAN DRUG REHAB

To have received her son’s death certificate on the day she brought him to