The examinations of fourth year students of all universities in the country will commence from June 22nd, the University Grants Commission (UGC) announced today.
The faculties of Arts, Science, Law and Education at the University of Colombo will be reopened for examinations on June 29, while Faculty of Agriculture at the University of Peradeniya will be reopened on June 28, UGC Chairman Sampath Amaratunge said.
The final year examinations of all medical faculties will begin from June 15. Examinations of the University of Sri Jayewardenepura will continue from August 4. All universities are expected to conclude the exams by August 15, he said.
The decisions area;
All Medical Faculties will commence their final MBBS examinations from 15th June 2020 onwards.
Other Faculties in all the universities will only commence their final year examinations from June 22, 2020 and these examinations are expected to finish on August 15, 2020.
The Vice Chancellors of each University will announce the dates of the final year examinations concerning respective faculties separately.
• Seating arrangements and the number to be accommodated in an examination hall as well as at practical sessions should be in accordance with health guidelines.
• During this period the universities are advised to encourage students as much as possible to enter the university premises to sit for the examinations straight from home.
• When arranging hostel accommodation, a room should be accommodated only one student until further notice.
• Students should leave university premises (including the Library) at least by 7pm every day until further notice.
• No get-togethers or any kind of gatherings inside or outside the premises of universities be permitted until further notice.
• No recreational and sports activities should be permitted until further notice.
Vice Chancellors undertook to handover the academic time schedules in the respective Faculties of universities to the UGC.
All administrative staff in the University should report to work.
Postgraduate research students may commence their academic work subject to health guidelines.
All these measures are subject to full compliance by all relevant parties with the health guidelines that issued to prevent the Covid 19 outbreak