27 EtthukalaTechnical College students taken ill

9 February 2015 06:50 am - 1     - {{hitsCtrl.values.hits}}

A A A

Twenty seven students of a technical education institution in Etthukala were taken ill in a suspected case of food poisoning and admitted to the Negombo General Hospital.

They are said to have fallen ill after drinking the tea that was served to them at the institution on Sunday evening.

Police media spokesman Ajith Rohana said the preliminary investigations had revealed that particles ofurea fertilizer had been found in the tea.

He said a bag containing tea and sugar had been placed near some bags of urea fertilizer which were to be used in gardening and a student had by mistake handed over to the kitchen staff a bag of urea instead of the bag of sugar.

Negombo Hospital authorities said the students were out of danger. (SD)
 

  Comments - 1

  • Senator Monday, 09 February 2015 09:58 PM

    No wonder,restaurants and other eating places had reduced their prices.


Add comment

Comments will be edited (grammar, spelling and slang) and authorized at the discretion of Daily Mirror online. The website also has the right not to publish selected comments.

Reply To:

Name - Reply Comment




Public transport 'side-laned'?

“Miss, mantheeru neethiya nisa api bus passen yanna one. Ithin drop eka par

Land acquisitions in Hanthana and Knuckles Mountain ranges

Sri Lankans will soon lose their opportunity to boast about the rich biodiver

Wanathawilluwa forest clearance: Whodunit?

Days after the Anawilundawa Ramsar Wetland, situated in Puttalam District, ma

‘I’m scared to see her face’

On August 13, a woman happened to meet a child who was in desperate need of h