Last Updated : 2019-01-22 16:20:44

Apps Advertising Home Delivery Feedback

Field Marshal Sarath Fonaseka

24 March 2015 04:18 am - 7     - {{hitsCtrl.values.hits}}

A A A

• Chandra Rampala Thursday, 26 March 2015 10:39 AM

Dear SarathI was with you at Ananda. Today I salute you as a great Anandian for your commendable service to Sri Lanka. May Triple Gem showers its blessings on you and your family.

Chandra Rampala Thursday, 26 March 2015 10:40 AM

Yes he is. He is great in service to the nation.

Gamarala Tuesday, 14 April 2015 01:07 AM

We do respect him a great soldier. But why a Field Marshall in peace time of such a small army? During the good old days the highest rank to command the Ceylon army was a (British) Brigadier. We did not even have one general.

H.D.Gunaratne Tuesday, 24 March 2015 02:25 PM

What a great man he is? May the triple Gem bless him.

Joly Thursday, 16 April 2015 06:12 AM

I bow my head to this great son of Sri lanka. His commitment and determination has no limit. In my view, his skills as a General of a Army is second to none. I sincerely wish him to be away from the corrupt politics in Sri lanka and walk tall in this human world sharing his memories with generations to come. If he become a politician, then he has to be a a part of this corrupt system. I certainly believe that he is a very brainy person and has thought of the difference he could do in a army and in political arena. As a layperson in our society I would like our next generations to remember him as the greatest General Sri lanka produced but not as a politician who has to bend or flow with the trend.

Mathew George Monday, 30 March 2015 01:31 PM

You are a True Sri Lankan. May the Almighty God bless you and your family

Thomas George Saturday, 04 April 2015 10:19 PM

I salute you for the sacrifices you have done for your great nation. Although I am not a Sri Lankan I used to follow your achievement for your nation and your sufferings.I wish all the best and long live.

Reply To:

Name - Reply Comment

Singling out of Rishad Bathiudeen as a political target

The orchestrated political campaign by the Mahinda Rajapaksa-led opposition i

TWISTS AND TURNS in the Dr. Shafi controversy

The sterilization charges against Dr. Seigu Shihabdeen Mohamed Shafi from the

Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) An in-depth look at ISIS

As the people and Government of Sri Lanka reel with shock and grief in the wa

Mahela declines to be part of Sri Lankan team Management at cricket World Cup