At least 30 Buddhist monks and 16 individuals were hospitalised due to food poisoning at a Piriven in Periyakulam, Kekirawa today, police said.
Police said they had fallen ill after having their lunch meal and admitted to the Maradankadawala Hospital for treatment.
However, they were later transferred to the Anuradhapura Teaching Hospital for further treatment.
Kekirawa Police is conducting further investigations. (Thilanka Kanakarathna)
VEGETARIAN Tuesday, 15 May 2018 22:26
This is why vegetarian meals are advocated.
Reply : 10 11
MARIO Tuesday, 15 May 2018 22:46
Good food is expensive these days
Reply : 3 6
BuffaloaCitizen Wednesday, 16 May 2018 08:51
Typically, must have been consuming non-vegetarian food which is contrary to the Dhamma.
Reply : 7 14
Ceylon Wednesday, 16 May 2018 11:39
Free lunch is not free.now they paying the bills.
Reply : 4 7
Ceylon Wednesday, 16 May 2018 11:41
Dead chickens punished who ate their flesh.good punishment.
Reply : 4 10
Add commentComments will be edited (grammar, spelling and slang) and authorized at the discretion of Daily Mirror online. The website also has the right not to publish selected comments.