Subscribe

2nd British ruggerite passes away

2018-05-15 18:17:57
8
16489

The 27-year-old British rugby player who was undergoing treatment at a private hospital in Colombo, died today due to respiratory difficulties, Police Spokesman Ruwan Gunasekara said.

Brett Thomas Reed was admitted to the hospital on Sunday morning, when he was found to be suffering from breathing difficulties.

His 26-year-old colleague Harvard Thomas Andrew who was also admitted to hospital died on Sunday.
SP Gunasekara said Mr. Reed's relatives had arrived in Sri Lanka yesterday.

Meanwhile, the postmortem examination on the body of Harvard Thomas Andrew had been carried out today by the Colombo JMO, in the presence of officials of the British High Commission.

Although the autopsy report ruled out injuries or any disease from the cause of Harvard’s death, his body has been referred to the government analyst for further examination.

Both players who were members of a British rugby team, arrived in Sri Lanka on May 10 to participate in a friendly match played at a ground in Colombo on Saturday (May 12) and were staying at a hotel in Colombo.

After the match concluded, the British players had attended a dinner at the sports complex where they played the match and after returning to the hotel around 10.30 p.m. and visited a night club in Kollupitiya. (Darshana Sanjeewa)


  Comments - 8

  • concern Tuesday, 15 May 2018 18:38

    Sad news !.

    Reply : 3       75

    Ceylon Tuesday, 15 May 2018 20:11

    Night clubs are not good placess to visit.

    Reply : 7       77

    Ajja Wednesday, 16 May 2018 08:29

    Something fishy to do with Night club would have been drugged....

    Reply : 0       23

    Sporty Wednesday, 16 May 2018 08:31

    Anyway, check where the "Little Silva" was?

    Reply : 0       26

    DillonDP Wednesday, 16 May 2018 08:40

    Sad and its quite weird, was it a drug these players popped whilst they visited this club?

    Reply : 0       17

    Sangaralingham Wednesday, 16 May 2018 09:07

    Healthy young men died within few days in a foreign country must raise many concerns to the country medical team all of us. Diagnosis cause reason of all with open facts in news media.One come to my mind acute allergist reaction with respiratory collapse

    Reply : 2       21

    Ponniah Phelps Jeganathan Wednesday, 16 May 2018 11:29

    This is a serious incident which can negatively impact the image of the country.The Ministers in charge of the police and health should personally follow up the investigations and show to the world what happended to them.

    Reply : 3       14

    Don Wednesday, 16 May 2018 16:56

    Don't blame our doctors, they're busy influencing government to favor their greed. This looks like a shell fish allergy. There is no sense of cross contamination or proper food handling or storage in the whole country. FYI.

    Reply : 3       0

Add comment

Comments will be edited (grammar, spelling and slang) and authorized at the discretion of Daily Mirror online. The website also has the right not to publish selected comments.
Name is required

Email is required
Comment cannot be empty